Wednesday, August 09, 2006

How Lomo can you go?

Door Lomo Rev
Originally uploaded by philputnam.

A friend of mine was experimenting with a digital Lomo effect on some of his pictures, so I decided to try on a few. Here's one result. I'm not sure what I think yet. I've got to experiment with more variables, especially on the ones with blue sky. The vignetting seems weird on those. You can see the rest on my Flickr page.

If you've got Photoshop and would like to try the effect yourself, the tutorial is here.

*UPDATE*

I made some adjustments to my technique, so the above picture is revised, as are the other Lomo pics in my Flickr set.

2 comments:

Johann said...

Sure you can mention my blog. No secrets here. One thing you might want to try is setting the feathering higher on the photos with sky in them so the vignettes aren't as harsh. I don't think the article really explained how to adjust those settings based on images size. Just a thought (from my head).

Philip said...

Yeah, I think you're right. I tweaked according to his settings, and set the lasso feather at 90, but it clearly isn't enough for my 8mp images. I'll re-do them and see what happens.