Wednesday, July 26, 2006

4 Weddings and a Funeral

That's been my year so far. The funeral was for my great-grandmother. The 4 weddings were for 3 family members and 1 friend. I haven't been to that many weddings in one year ever, I don't think, and we're smack dab in the middle of baby season now.

Anyway, last weekend Holly and I had one last hurrah before baby 3 gets here, and left the kids with my parents to attend Becky's wedding in Alabama. I'd forgotten how quickly you can travel without kids. It was a nice change. We also got to see our friend Luke. He will be switching to Mac someday soon. Mark my words. Life is too short to waste it on a PC, Luke. Some other notes:

  1. Northern Alabama is absolutely beautiful. Birmingham is an especially cool city. I had no idea.
  2. AA minor league baseball is not much better than A minor league baseball.
  3. Louisiana has the worst rest areas I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen a lot.
  4. Always, always, ALWAYS wash the lid of any soda you buy at a convenience store in Mississippi.

All in all, it was a fun trip. We got to see a lot of our old friends from Asbury, some we hadn't seen since graduation.

I took photos of course, and they're located here. If anyone that was there would like a full-res version of any of them, send me an email with a list of the names of the ones you want. The optimized size for the web is not really suitable for archival or printing purposes.

5 comments:

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

Great pics, Philip! It was good to see you guys. I think you won points in B's book forever for the question you asked me. Of course the irony was that I had answered it, really quite politely, most of the day already.

~Redvelvet~ said...

Thanks for directing me to the photos... I really enjoyed getting to see them... take care...

Jules said...

Thanks for taking and posting those pictures, Phil. They look great!

Uh, what question did you ask Cherie? I'm so nosey. I'm aware.

Philip said...

I asked Cherie when they planned to have more kids. I knew this to be a pet peeve of hers after reading this post a few months ago. I was just glad to have the opportunity to bring it up.

Cherie, the funny thing is I told Holly about asking you about it, and she said that she'd asked you also. And she said you did, quite politely, answer her question. You even started to politely answer mine, until you noticed the evil glint in my eye. Well done!

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

I know that folks mean well. It's just a question that you hear a lot when you have an only only. It becomes pretty old hat after awhile.

Brian admired the fact that you had 1) read the post 2) waited for the precise moment to spring it one me 3) let me begin to respond before jumping in and let me know you were joking.

I answered more politely and honestly with Holly (the first to ask me). By the time you asked me I had been asked several other times, but I actually looked away and rolled my eyes quickly before composing myself enough to be polite for you. :) Sorry if I disappointed since I didn't give an outlandish answer as outlined in my post.