Friday, July 14, 2006

Photo...By Special Request *UPDATED*

Last year, in a comment about this photo, I received a special request for a picture.

"Hey Phil, do you have any pics of Puerto Rican girls with wind in their hair with a lighthouse behind them? If not, just a silhouette of a pretty girl standing on a cliff at sunset will do."


As you know, I try to accommodate any reasonable requests, but this one just seemed outside the realm of possibility. Nevertheless, I resolved to do my best on my next trip to Puerto Rico to fulfill the request.

As luck would have it, I was able to visit a lighthouse while I was there...at sunset! The lighthouse itself is featured in the latest "visit Puerto Rico" TV spot. OK, so far so good. It was even really windy, part of the request. Now if I could only find some pretty Puerto Rican girls, and if they'd only let me take their picture in front of the lighthouse, AND on the cliff for a silhouette shot.

I couldn't believe my luck, as these two nice ladies walked up to the lighthouse. I explained in my limited spanish my predicament, and of not wanting to disappoint my anonymous commenter. Luckily, my spanish was just rusty enough to be charming, and they happily obliged. As it turns out, the blond was from Sweden I think, but the other one is Puerto Rican, so I hope that doesn't diminish the effort. I really tried to find 2 Puerto Rican girls, but I've got to take what I can get.

Anyway, here is the result. If you have any special requests, just submit them, and I'll try to accommodate. It may take awhile, but I'll do my best.

UPDATE: Since July has been declared Blog Sweeps Month, then consider this my first contribution. Although my effort is not as ribald as Rick Lee's.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly looks great. Where is the other girl from?