Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Old Kentucky Home...

Here's one of the things I miss most about Kentucky, the beautiful, misty mornings. I tried to appreciate them while I could. There were many mornings when the fog would hang low along the rolling hills of the horse farms, while the stone fences seemed to hold the fog inside the fields. It made the drive into Lexington worthwhile at 7 am. The drive to work is no longer beautiful for me, although I do pass 3 Starbucks on the way to the office. And it's only a 3 mile drive.



2 comments:

Philip said...

Actually, they're from Clear Creek Rd., just off of Harrodsburg. I didn't get a good shot of my favorite spot along that drive, I think it was called Ashmore Farm, right at the intersection of 169. The road curves right at the farm, and there's a huge field on a hill. You've got to look fast though, since the road curves again just ahead. It's actually a very dangerous spot, probably made moreso by the incredible vistas that distract drivers.

Anonymous said...

did you find it hard to get up early enough to get those shots? I've heard that freelance guys don't get moving until late in the day.