Thursday, July 21, 2005

If you're a Mac lover, stand up and holla!

I've noticed a few of my readers are using Mac OS X and Safari to navigate to my site, so here's a little survey.

Who among you is using a Mac, what hardware is it, and what version of OS X are you running?

Secondly, why do you have a Mac? Is it for work? Is it at home?

I've got 6 different Macs that I use throughout a week. My main computer is my 17" PowerBook G4, my main edit station is a dual 1 gig G4. It's 3 years old now, so I'd like to upgrade soon. I also have 3 G5's that I work on occasionally at other people's studios. My favorite workstation is a dual 2.5gig G5 with 4 gigs of RAM and a 30" Cinema Display.

What about everyone else?

Because I'm around many different Macs, Apple's .Mac service has been a godsend. I can sync all the computers together and carry my bookmarks, address book, etc to any other Mac very easily. If you use a Mac, you should consider the .Mac service. If you'd like to sign up, let me know and I'll refer you, which will give me credit for next year.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm standing up and have both hand in the air. Yep. I sport a white apple on the back of my Jeep. I use a Mac at both home and work. I use G4's but looking to upgrade shortly--but really, my computers have been faithful. One of my proudest moments came this week when my youngest daughter ordered her first ibook instead of a Dell.

Philip said...

That's great! I'm going to buy my wife an iBook soon I hope. New models should be out any day now. My dad got a PowerBook recently, and I hardly ever see him on his PC laptop anymore. He doesn't use it any more than he absolutely needs to. Out of all the Macs I use, I've hardly every had ANY issue with them. They're remarkably solid and stable.