Friday, July 22, 2005

Picture Perfect

If you like photography, I recommend you bookmark Rick Lee Photo. Instapundit links to his work occasionally, which is how I first came across him. He's a commercial photographer in West Virginia...wait, don't go just because he's from WV, give him a chance! (Sorry, a little prejudice from my past. When I lived in Kentucky, that's how we made ourselves feel better. "It could be worse. We could live in WV.") OK? Ok...where was I...oh yeah...a commercial photographer from West Virginia who regularly posts images from his shoots (which are excellent), but what I love about his site is that he keeps a tiny camera with a great macro function with him, and takes various shots he comes across during the day. It's a great way of looking at the world during the day, always keeping your mind looking for a neat shot or unique perspective, such as this. It's also a great reminder to me that I can hold off buying that Canon 20D that I've been drooling over. My Canon Powershot G3 has a pretty decent macro, and I can get good pictures with it. It's not the camera, after all. It's the photographer. It reminds me of a story about Chet Atkins I think. Someone came to him after a show and said, "That's a great sounding guitar!" Chet set the guitar on the ground and said, "How's it sound now?"

One of my favorite ongoing series that he does is Produce Blogging (because Thursday night is grocery night).

Anyway, check him out frequently because he posts new images frequently. Just scroll down his page. It's chock full of great images and has provided me with lots of inspiration to just get out there and take pictures.

No comments: