Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I'm a published photographer!

I stumbled across this article which is about a project I've been documenting for the University of Kentucky for the last 2 years. I didn't realize it had been published. The professor in charge of the project is a good friend of mine, Dr. Brent Seales. So like a good friend, he stabbed me in the back, and used some of my photos from the trip without giving me photo credit. That's ok though. I'm glad to see the project getting some exposure, it's a very interesting and worthwhile subject. It's a short article, give it a read if you've got a couple of minutes. You can see the article as it was printed here.

You'll notice my wife Holly is in the pictures. This particular trip was May 2004, and it happened to coincide with our 5th wedding anniversary, so she came down for the week and we stayed a little longer than the rest of the team. It was a very wet week, but very sunny for our vacation portion. Anyway, I highly recommend Puerto Rico as a vacation destination. It's always around 80 degrees, the water is so incredibly blue, it's not nearly as dirty as some caribbean destinations, you can get by on english, and the currency and electricity is US. There's also a lot of culture and history, so you're not just limited to the beach, although the beaches are incredible, especially on the island of Culebra.

If you're still not convinced, here are some pictures I've taken on a few of my trips there.

When we go, we usually stay at the Caribe Hilton which has its own interesting history, not to mention the only private beach on the island, and is the birthplace of the Pina Colada.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder, did you get paid for the work you did for the project? Did you contract specify anything about "photo credit" for your work, or did you just take the cash and run?

Philip said...

I was paid well by an anonymous scientist. The contract was silent on the topic of credit. I took the cash and ran like the wind. The "stabbed me in the back" line was with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek. I wasn't really offended, as it seems you easily are, anonymous.